Emergency! Spot Cleaning Your Rug after a Spill
Host: Jim Williams
Oh no! The instant when a spill happens on your rug can be nerve racking. Take the stress out of spills with this easy guide for spot cleaning your rug after a spill.
- Blot with cold water.
- Make a detergent with 1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid and one cup cold water and blot with the cleaner.
- If the stain is stubborn, mix 1/3 cup white vinegar with 2/3 cup water and blot clean with mixture.
- Blot with a lint-free cloth.
Don’ts of spot cleaning
- Don’t wipe!
- Don’t let the stain set in.
- Don’t use harsh cleaners – use baking soda, vinegar, OR a mild dish soap.
The next time a spill happens on your rug – don’t panic. Use these tricks and homemade cleaners to get rid of the spot quickly and easily.